When most people think about laser skin treatments and rejuvenation, they think about a skin treatment designed to combat the signs of aging. Thus, they think laser treatments are for those over 40 or 50. While laser treatments are great for targeting the signs of aging, they can also be very beneficial for skin rejuvenation concerns beyond offering a way to prevent or minimize the appearance of wrinkles. When it comes to the best age for laser treatments, the truth is, there is no best age! Laser therapy can make a difference at any age, depending on the skin concerns you want to treat.
Laser Skin Procedures Treat Different Skin Concerns
When it comes to laser treatments and skin rejuvenation, there is no ideal age to begin. These treatments address a variety of skin conditions, so the right time is different for everyone. Some skin concerns addressed by laser skin rejuvenation treatments include:
- Skin discolorations and birthmarks
- Acne scarring and enlarged pores
- Early wrinkle prevention
- Sun damage and discoloration
- Signs of aging in your 40s or older
Laser skin treatments can help address a variety of skin concerns, no matter your age.
Laser Treatments by Age
The best age for you to start laser treatments depends on your skin concerns. Because laser skin treatments can address many conditions, there is no ideal age to begin treatments. And, as you age and your skin concerns change, you can continue to opt for laser treatments to help you maintain your best look. Here are some examples of age-related skin concerns and treatments:
- Under 20 – Children born with port-wine birthmarks on the face often receive pulsed dye laser treatments to reduce the appearance of this red birthmark.
- In Your 20s – Gentle laser treatments, such as Clear + Brilliant, help prevent or minimize the appearance of fine lines and maintain youthful, healthy-looking skin. While not technically a laser, Sciton BBL™Photofacial treatments can also reduce the appearance of acne scars and pore size.
- In Your 30s–Skin damage from sun exposure may begin to appear. This can include brown spots and uneven skin tone. Laser resurfacing treatments, such as Halo, can help minimize and treat this damage, revealing healthy new skin.
- In Your 40s – The signs of aging often become more noticeable in your 40s. Fine lines, wrinkles and rough-textured skin are common and can benefit from laser resurfacing and rejuvenation.
- Age 50 and Over – As fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of aging become more prominent, laser resurfacing treatments can help improve the condition of your skin and reveal a more youthful appearance. While not a traditional laser, Pelleve® Wrinkle Reduction offers a non-invasive anti-aging treatment that addresses these facial concerns and rejuvenates the skin.
For more information on how laser skin treatments can help address your skin concerns, contact Wellskin Med Spa today and schedule an appointment.