If acne is still an issue for you in adulthood, you are not alone. A lot of us are still dealing with frustrating breakouts and now we can add wrinkles to the mix of things we could do without.
Skin changes are just a natural part of aging. And yes, wrinkles and acne are still among the most common concerns that people wish to improve. We can’t change our genetics, but fortunately we can use a combination of facial treatments to help reveal smoother, clearer skin.
Give acne and wrinkles a one two punch with these top med spa treatments.
What You Can Do at Home
Even though there are many reasons you may be experiencing adult acne or early wrinkling, you can change the quality of cleansers and habits to boost your skin’s health. Skin care products that include ingredients such as retinoids, glycolic acid, salicylic acid and antioxidants like vitamin C could help improve both acne as well as fine lines and wrinkles. These ingredients can support cell turnover, encourage collagen production and treat hyperpigmentation and acne.
Best Med Spa Treatments for Acne and Wrinkles
If you’re ready for nonsurgical intervention, there are a variety of safe, effective and affordable med spa options that can help improve your skin’s condition. Facial med spa treatments can be used at any age in adulthood to encourage healthy, clear skin and may even help slow the aging process. Some of the most effective skin rejuvenating treatments are chemical peels, facials, microneedling, and microdermabrasion.
- Breakout Treatment. When you have active acne breakouts, you want fast treatment. Using enzymes and steam therapy helps open the pores to make extraction easier.
- Chemical Peels. If your breakout is more severe, a chemical exfoliation may help improve the overall texture of the facial skin and reduce the appearance of acne. Depending on your needs, chemical peels can be adjusted in strength to address a variety of skin concerns to include fine lines, crow’s feet, age spots, and acne scars.
- Not all skin is created equal and that is what makes facials a great option. They can be customized to focus more on your specific skin concerns to help improve the quality and tone of your skin.
- Microneedles create tiny channels within the skin’s surface to stimulate the natural healing process and encourage collagen and elastin production. Acne scars and fine lines and wrinkles can see significant improvement.
- Wrinkles, acne, and scarring can be addressed with this treatment as it exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin cells from the surface layers.
Mix and Match Your Med Spa Treatments
Depending on your skin concerns, you can use one or a combination of various med spa facial treatments to help maximize your results. A consultation with one of our licensed medical aestheticians can help you determine your needs and design a customized treatment plan to address your specific skin concerns.
It would have been nice if your acne stayed behind in high school with all those other awkward memories. But thankfully, there are plenty of options to help treat and prevent acne breakouts. Let our professionals at Wellskin Med Spa help you achieve smooth, vibrant skin.